Happy Friday! Treat yourself and your family with an amazing Pizza! Here are 2 perfect ways to eat pizza tonight. Make it official, make every Friday a Pizza Night. Don’t make any ordinary pizza, be creative. Tonight we are making corn, green olive and Tuna Thin Crush and Calzone Pizza.
In our family it has been official, every Friday Night we eat Homemade Rustic Pizza, and it has been creative and tasty. If you want to add cheese to your crust, just stretch out a bit more of the dough, place extra cheese throughout the edge of the pizza and then fold the dough over it. No need to be perfect it looks more authentic and rustic.
Tuna Thin Crust and Calzone Pizza
Perfect easy to make homemade dough topped with fresh sauce, sauteed onion and tuna, corn, green olives and a whole lot of cheese.
- For the dough
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- For the topping
- steak marinade or tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 light tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1/2 tsp dry basil, parsley
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- This recipe makes 2 pizzas, the quantity of the ingredients shown above is for one pizza.
- Step 1 In a large bowl, pour warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water, stir and let stand until the yeast has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Add the flour and salt. Stir with a spatula until the dough starts to come together.
- Step 3 Transfer the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and with your clean, flour-dusted hands, knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes until it forms a smooth, tacky springy dough. If the dough sticks to your hands, sprinkle a small amount of flour at a time until it’s easier to work with, avoid adding too much.
- Step 4 With olive oil, drizzle over the ball of dough and coat it. Let sit for about 20 minutes, covering it with a clean kitchen towel while preparing the pizza topping.
- Step 5 Meanwhile line the baking sheet with parchment paper if you don’t have a baking stone.
- Step 6 In a medium pot, on medium heat, saute the onions and tuna for about 2 minutes until onions are caramelized. Sprinkle the basil and dry parsley and stir it into the sauteed tuna.
- Step 7 When finished preparing the toppings, place the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and divide the dough in half.
- Step 8 Preheat the oven to 500F. Place the baking stone or prepared baking sheet inside the oven.
- Step 9 Work with one dough at a time and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands.
- Step 10 Use the heel of your hand or the tips of your fingers, gently press the middle of the dough outwards and stretch the dough. For an extra-thin crust, roll it with a rolling pin. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for 5 minutes and then try rolling again.
- Step 11 Roll it out enough so that the dough can fold over to make the cheese crust.
- Step 12 Remove the baking stone or the prepared baking sheet out of the oven and set it on the counter.
- Step 13 Transfer the round of dough onto the hot baking stone or sheet.
- Step 14 Prick dough thoroughly with a fork.
- Step 15 Brush the dough with tomato sauce or steak marinade and place grated Mozzarella cheese and Ricotta crumble around the edge of the dough.
- Step 16 Fold dough over the cheese and pinch to seal.
- Step 17 Place the sauteed tuna, corn, green olives and the remaining cheese and then sprinkle oregano over the pizza.
- Step 18 Bake until the cheese is melted, the crust is golden brown for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 19 Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer it onto a clean surface.
- Step 20 Place the baking stone or sheet into the oven again.
- Step 21 Repeat these steps with the other half. But inside of a Pizza, Let’s make Calzone. Roll the dough enough to cover the baking stone.
- Step 22 Remove the hot stone or sheet from the oven and then transfer the round of dough onto half of the baking stone or sheet.
- Step 23 Prick dough thoroughly with a fork.
- Step 24 Brush all of the dough with tomato sauce or steak marinade.
- Step 25 On one half of the dough, place the sauteed tuna, corn, green olives and Mozzarella and Ricotta cheese and then sprinkle oregano over the topping.
- Step 26 Fold the other half over the pizza and seal the edges with a fork.
- Step 27 Bake until the crust is golden brown for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 28 Remove the Calzone from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes over a clean surface.
- Step 29 Reheat the 1st pizza for about 2 minutes while the Calzone is cooling down. Enjoy!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?