Apple Crisp All-Butter Pie Crust is a recipe that I love baking for my family. We always make it around this season. It’s the beginning of Autumn and it calls for comfy baking. That’s what we love to do!
Apple Crisp is an old recipe that my mom would bake for me and my brothers when we were young. Every time we would go apple picking we would make an apple crisp pie. It would just warm up the house while it was baking in the oven. It just felt cozy.
I remember that my mom would cut the apples and place them directly in a ceramic pie dish and then she would sprinkle the cinnamon mix over the apples. It was so delicious!
Now we make it a little different because we just love the all-butter crust with cinnamon. Yes, we add cinnamon to our all-butter crust. It just goes so well with the apples.
For this specific pie, I like to make the all-butter pie crust a little rustic. So what I do is, add only 1 tablespoon of ice water, the crust becomes more crumbly and rustic. The more ice water you add to the dough the less crumbly it becomes. Whatever way you make it, it does not affect the taste of the crust.
It’s all up to you if you prefer with or without the all-butter crust. They are both delicious.
I would totally recommend a Ceramic Pie dish to successfully make this Apple Crisp All-Butter pie Crust, it’s wonderful for baking!
Apple Crisp All-Butter pie Crust | 9 inch pie
- All-Butter Pie Crust
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3 tbsp ice water
- Cinnamon Mix Topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 20g unsalted butter, finely diced
- Apple Crisp
- 8 apples, unpeeled, sliced in 16 pieces.
- Step 1 All-Butter Pie Crust: In a medium blow, sprinkle the flour. Stir in the salt and cinnamon.
- Step 2 Dice the butter and add it to the flour mixture. Work your fingers into the flour mixture until the butter is well distributed. It’s ready when the butter is scattered throughout the mixture.
- Step 3 Drizzle 1 tbsp of ice water at a time and continue working the dough with your fingers. After a few folds, add another tbsp of ice water. If it holds together, without crumbling, it’s ready. Stop adding water to the dough when it starts to come together.
- Step 4 Shape the dough into a ball. For at least 30 minutes let it chill in the fridge before rolling it out.
- Step 5 When ready to be used, gently pat and roll it out onto a dusted surface and place it into the prepared pie pan.
- Step 6 Preheat oven to 350F. Line the pie pan with parchment paper, or coat well with cooking spray.
- Step 7 Cinnamon Mix Topping: In a small bowl, sprinkle in the flour. Stir in the cinnamon and the brown sugar. Add in the finely diced butter and work it with your fingers until all the ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Step 8 Apple Crisp: Using an apple cutter or a sharp knife, slice the apples. Transfer them into the prepared butter crust. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the apples.
- Step 9 Bake it for an hour or until apples are tender. 15 minutes before the hour cover the pie with aluminum foil. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying a ceramic pie dish, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.
2 thoughts on “Apple Crisp All-Butter Pie Crust”
Great apple content on your site!
Thank you for your time,
Have a great day.
Thank you very much for your comment. It’s most appreciated.
Comments are closed.