These muffins are simple, easy and delicious to make and are a great grab and go breakfast or snack.
Rodrigo is an adventurer with no time to eat when he is out at the park, so I bake these healthy muffins and pack them as little snacks and put them in his pockets for him to nibble on through out the day.
It works! at least this way he can eat his oats and fruit.
Heads up, If you don’t have any apples at home you can always make them with pears and if you don’t have oatmeal, I’ve baked these muffins with Granola mix. You can find it in any supermarket and they are rich in flavour and texture. They are so GOOD!
Apple Oatmeal Muffin
- 5 medium apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats or granola mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Step 1 Cut the peeled apples into slices and then dice them.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
- Step 3 Apply non-stick cooking spray into muffin tin.
- Step 4 Stir the brown sugar and the diced apples in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 5 In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Step 6 Add the egg mixture to the apple mixture and now stir in the granola or oats.
- Step 7 In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Step 8 Stir the flour mix to the apple mixture.
- Step 9 Divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Step 10 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden on the top.
- Step 11 To know if it’s well baked, use a cake tester or stick a toothpick at the centre of one of them, it should come out clean.
- Step 12 Let cool in muffin tin on a cooking rack for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- Step 13 Hope you enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is very appreciated!
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!