Banana Zucchini Carrot Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sounds like someone has been baking during the weekend!
It’s always hard to start the beginning of the week. It’s hard to get up in the morning to get ready for work and if you got kids, it’s even harder. I have a little time on my hands to get myself and my kids prepared for school so I always prepare my sons and husband’s lunch box at night right after dinner.
One of my goals is to be a great mom, so I always try to pack delicious snacks. Even if they don’t sound delicious they do sound healthy.
When we go grocery shopping I always bring a few more bananas home because I know that a few may get overripe. These are the best bananas to use for baking.
I have decided to make banana muffins, but a little different this time. I want to add a zucchini and a carrot to it and of course chocolate chips.
I’m going to wait for my son to get back from school, hoping that he will help me prepare this recipe. I enjoy when he helps me out, it just makes it more fun!
Banana Zucchini Carrot Chocolate Chip Muffins | makes 18
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 fresh lemon squeeze in 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat well the muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Grate the zucchini and the carrots. Lay them in a towel and squeeze out their juice. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, brown and granulated sugar. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Step 4 In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, lemon zest, fresh lemon squeeze in milk and vanilla extract.
- Step 5 Pour the egg mixture in the flour mixture.
- Step 6 In a small bowl, mash the bananas. Add the bananas into the flour mixture. Stir the mixture until combined.
- Step 7 Add the zucchini, carrots and chocolate chips, stirring just until moistened.
- Step 8 Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and garnish with a few chocolate chips.
- Step 9 Bake for 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the tins.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!