Best Braised Chicken in Apple Puree recipe. I know, chicken with apple puree, it does sound delicious and interesting.
We just went apple picking a weekend ago, so now we have so many apples to eat. Rodrigo loves apples. He eats around two apples a day.
I had some chicken thighs to make for dinner and I have a full bag of apples just staring at me. I normally add apple to my dish but I have never made an apple puree to go with my meat. So this was a first time and it’s going to be interesting to see my husband and Rodrigo’s reaction.
Well, it when well! We all enjoyed it and hobby and son when for seconds. I’m so happy when dinner goes well.
I can’t wait to see what I’m going to make tomorrow.
Chicken with Apple Puree | 8 servings
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 8 medium apples, chopped and unpeeled
- 4 fresh thyme stems
- 2 fresh parsley stems
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 30ml warm water
- 30ml white wine
- parsley, chopped for garnishing
- Step 1 In a sauce pan drizzle the olive oil, add the garlic and fry the chicken thighs on both sides until they are golden brown
- Step 2 Take them out of the saucepan and set aside.
- Step 3 Add the chopped apples into the saucepan. Stir in the thyme stems, the parsley and the bay leaf.
- Step 4 Coat the chicken with salt and fresh pepper and place them in the saucepan. Put a lid over it and let cook on medium heat for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Step 5 Take the chicken out of the saucepan onto a hot plate and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Step 6 Remove the stems and bay leaf from the apple sauce and using a hand blender blend until smoothened.
- Step 7 With the help of a spatula, strain the apple sauce through a fine sieve into the saucepan.
- Step 8 Pour water and wine into the apple puree and let it come to a boil on medium heat. Season to taste.
- Step 9 Transfer the chicken into the apple puree. Garnish with chopped parsley.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!