Create your own treats by making this easy simple Best ever Rice Krispie Caramel treat. Your kids will love them and the best this is you don’t need to use marshmallows to make this Rice Krispie Caramel recipe. In my case, marshmallows is not something that I buy but we do have Rice Crispy cereals.
In this recipe we used caramel, but I would recommend honey or even maple syrup instead of the caramel syrup, if you prefer. After folding the rice crispy into the caramel mixture we filled only half way, different size cookie cutters to make individual cookies. If you don’t have cookie cutters at the moment, you can transfer the mixture directly to the prepared baking sheet and press in evenly to form a rectangular, then let cool before cutting it into squares. You can even spoon the rice mixture into muffin tins. With these treats we sprinkled some rainbow decor but it you have a sweeter tooth you can always drizzle some chocolate, maple or caramel syrup over them.
I would totally recommend a cookie cutter to successfully make this recipe, it’s very useful to have in the kitchen!
Best ever Rice Krispie Caramel Treat
A delicious treat full of flavour with no marshmallows added.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Caramel syrup
- 4 cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 tbsp rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Step 1 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a large saucepan, on medium heat melt the butter with the brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract and caramel.
- Step 3 Stir and continue stirring for about 8 minutes or until it comes to a boil. Turn off the heat when the caramel mixture starts to thicken.
- Step 4 Add in the rice cereal and fold until the rice is well coated.
- Step 5 Working on the prepared baking sheet, spoon the rice mixture into different size cookie cutters and press in evenly to make round cookies. After cookies are formed, gently lift the cutter and repeat the process again until there is no more rice mixture.
- Step 6 Sprinkle some decor over them and let chill in the fridge before serving.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying a cookie cutter, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them