These is the Best Marinade Hasselback veggies. We enjoy tossing veggies into the oven while we are baking. The oven keeps the house warm and cozy. So we decided to share with you the marinade that we use for our roasted veggies. It’s a family favorite.
You may be wondering, how did I slice the potatoes and the carrots so perfectly. I used a HasselBack Potato Slicing Rack. If you don’t have this equipment, you can always use a pair of chopsticks and 2 rubber bands. Very simple, you place the potato and the carrot in between the chopsticks and then place the rubber bands on the ends, so that they don’t move around while slicing into it. Then slice until you reach the chopsticks.
The carrots that we are using in this recipe are medium size, we find that these have more flavor than the big carrots. The same goes with the potatoes, the medium size are quicker to bake in the oven than the large ones.
I would totally recommend a ceramic oven dish, HasselBack Potato Slicing Rack or a Hasselback Potato Cutting Board to successfully make this recipe, it’s very useful to have in the kitchen!
Best Marinade Hasselback veggies
Coated in an amazing marinade full of flavour.
- a few medium potatoes, finely sliced
- a few carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- dry sage, a pinch
- dry rosemary, a pinch
- dry fresh basil, a pinch
- paprika, a pinch
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon, squeeze
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425F. Peel the carrots and scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry.
- Step 2 Cut slits into the potatoes and carrots, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom.
- Step 3 In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients with the olive oil, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Step 4 Place the hasselback potatoes and carrots onto an oven dish.
- Step 5 Brush and coat the potatoes and carrots evenly over and under with the marinade.
- Step 6 Be sure they are sliced side up before placing them into the oven.
- Step 7 Bake the potatoes for only 30 minutes. At this point, the potato and carrot slices are separating. Remove the oven dish from the oven and brush the them again with the marinade.
- Step 8 Bake for another 30 minutes, until they are crispy on the edges and tender in the middle.
- Step 9 Let cool for 3 minutes in the dish. Serve them hot.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying any of these products, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.