This is the Best Spaghetti and lean ground beef recipe. Why buy lean ground beef, if you can make it at home using a food processor. Knowing what is in my ground beef is reassuring. In less than 30 minutes you have homemade ground beef and it tastes better than ever. From now on, I’m sticking with grinding my meat at home. The process couldn’t be easier.
My method is cook the meat first and than transfer it into the food processor. I prefer this method than putting raw meat into my food processor. Especially because I only have one in my kitchen. I’d rather be safe than sorry! The other method would be, cut the raw meat in cubes and then spread them onto a lined baking sheet. Place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to chill. This will help grind the meat evenly.
I would totally recommend a food processor to successfully make this recipe, it’s an amazing tool to have in the kitchen!
Best Spaghetti and lean ground beef
Tender lean beef braised in olive oil, soy sauce and white wine. Grind the lean beef in a food processor and pulse until the desired consistency.
- for the ground beef
- 375 grams Lean Beef, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp smoked chorizo, chopped
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- rosemary, paprika, oregano, a pinch
- 1/4 tsp piri-piri
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/4 sweet orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dry Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp Mozzarella cheese, grated
- for the spaghetti
- 4 portions of spaghetti
- small onion, cut in four
- 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Step 1 In a large wide sautepan, on medium heat, drizzle in the olive oil and soy sauce. Add in the chopped onions, crushed garlic cloves and chopped chorizo. Stir often for about 3 minutes until the onion is translucent and caramelized.
- Step 2 Place the cubed lean beef into the sautepan.
- Step 3 Add in the tomato, salt and pepper, to taste and sprinkle in the seasoning. Stir and let cook for about 2 minutes before pouring in the white wine and the sweet peppers.
- Step 4 Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium low. Let cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- Step 5 Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Step 6 Meanwhile, in a tall pot bring salted water to a boil. Add in the spaghetti, the onion, bay leaf and drizzle with olive oil. Lower the heat and simmer until spaghetti in tender.
- Step 7 Strain the spaghetti and transfer it onto a serving dish.
- Step 8 Meanwhile, transfer the lean beef cubes into a food processor, add in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and pulse until the desired consistency is reached.
- Step 9 Fold it into the spaghetti and serve hot.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying this product, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.