Blood Orange, Hot Chili Pepper and Blueberry Tart is best eaten all year round! Why crave for a tart that you can’t have all year. It is such a simple tart to make that I would encourage to experiment with different seasonal fruit fillings.
The difference using an 8″ to a 12” pan or springform
For this Blood Orange, Hot Chili Pepper and Blueberry Tart recipe or any other fruit tart recipe the inch of the pan or springform makes a big difference. When the tart is in the oven and almost ready, the fruit will sink a little and the biscuit dough will rise up in parts and become deep golden. With that said, if you want the fruit to show, then I would recommend a 10″ to 12″ pan. I have made a similar tart but used an 8″ springform and the fruit had sunk and the biscuit dough had risen to a point that there was no visible fruit on the top. The results were amazing and delicious. The biscuit dough was crispy, golden and chewy and the fruit was in each bite.
Blood Orange, Hot Chili Pepper and Blueberry Tart
A tart like no other. Sweet flavours from the orange and blueberries, with a twisted acidic flavour bursting out of the blood orange!
- biscuit dough
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- a scant 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 small hot chili pepper, unseeded and finely grated
- 3/4 cup x 2 (360 ml) all purpose flour
- tart recipe
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 full cup blueberries
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 325F. Peel and slice the fruit filling. Line 10″ Springform with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Step 2 To prepare the biscuit dough, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Step 3 Whisk in the eggs, the baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, orange blossom water, grated chili pepper and then gently fold in the flour by hand until evenly combined.
- Step 4 Transfer the biscuit dough into the prepared Springform and spread evenly.
- Step 5 Scatter the blood orange and orange slices, as well for the blueberries all over the top of the dough.
- Step 6 Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until beep golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @greenhousepantry on Instagram and include the hashtag #greenhousepantry . I would love to see your tasty creations!
8 thoughts on “Blood Orange, Hot Chili Pepper and Blueberry Tart”
This tart is beautiful and I bet extremely delicious with that flavor combination. Yes, I would have it all year round!
Yes Nicoletta, it is a delicious tart, and with so many fruits and berries to choose from in the market, which should I bring house this time. 🙂
thanks for you comment!
This is such a creative combo! The blood oranges and blueberries are one thing, but adding in hot chili peppers is a great idea! I bet this tart tastes amazing!
Hello Leanne, thanks for your comment, I hope you did get to make the tart, let me know!
What a gorgeous tart! I love the unique flavours.
Thank you Donna!
I enjoyed making this tart, I used other berries and left out the chili peppers, it was amazing and the dough was really a keeper.
Rodrigo, in this recipe the chili peppers are light in flavour, it just brightens it up! Either way, I am sure it was very delicious! thanks for sharing 🙂