Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies was a recipe that Rodrigo wanted to bake yesterday night before going to bed.
He came home from school all excited about this recipe that the teacher shared in class.
The teacher had given a cookie to each student to enjoy during their snack time. The assignment was to try to bake them at home with supervision and then share their experience with the class the next day or somewhat throughout the week. I thought that this was an amazing idea.
It was exciting for both of us having him hands on through the whole making of the cookies, normally he leaves half way. I really don’t mind that, but this time he was on it.
There were a few changes to this recipe. I prefer using basic granola than plain oats. So we used both. I also couldn’t just have chocolate chips with my granola, so we add sultana raisins and chocolate coated sultana raisins. Delicious!!
These amazing granola oatmeal cookies are so delicious, soft and chewy. It was a delicious treat to have and share with the class!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Raisin Granola Oatmeal Cookies | makes 20
- 1 cup (225grams) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup basic granola
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 335F and line parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Step 2 In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown and granulated sugar until smoothen. Stop occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture and continue combining the mixtures together.
- Step 4 In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Step 5 Use a sieve to strain the flour mixture into butter mixture and continue whisking until all is smoothen.
- Step 6 Using a spatula, fold in the granola, oats, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Step 7 drop by heaping spoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Step 8 Bake for 12 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to rack. Serve at room temperature.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!