Chicken Noodle Vegetable Soup is as easy as it gets! The reason to make this soup, is to start from scratch. You want to literally boil the chicken and then use its broth to make the most delicious chicken soup. Whatever vegetable you add to the broth, I am sure it will combine well with this dish.
While cooking the chicken, on low heat, I added celery stalk, carrots, corn kernels, baby spinach and to top if off, I poached a few eggs just for a couple of minutes right at the end before serving.
If you enjoy this amazing delicious hearty soup then I am sure you will also love this smooth texture homemade Creamy Pureed Butternut Squash Soup. It sure is different but it is as full of flavour as Chicken Noodle Vegetable Soup.
Chicken Noodle Vegetable Soup
Favourite family recipe. Chicken broth made from scratch with a loaded plate of well combined vegetables!
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 40 grams bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced in 4
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 7 cups of water
- 1 chicken leg and tight, bone in and skin on
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup small noodles
- 150 grams baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs, poached
- Step 1 In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, add in the bacon strips and drizzle with olive oil, stir for a couple of minutes before adding the onions, crushed garlic and salt and pepper. Continue stirring until onions and soft and translucent.
- Step 2 Pour water into the saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Step 3 Meanwhile wash the chicken and place it in the pot. Be sure that the water is enough to cover the chicken.
- Step 4 Add the bay leaf, celery, carrot and corn kernels. Bring to a boil and simmer until chicken meat is no longer pink, for about 15 minutes.
- Step 5 Add three more cups of boiling water, adjust the salt.
- Step 6 Add baby spinach leaves and small noodles into the pot and stir for just a minute, so that the noodles don’t stick to the bottom. Cook the noodles until tender.
- Step 7 Before serving, remove the chicken from the pot, allow it to cool and remove the bone and the skin.
- Step 8 Shred the chicken meat with 2 forks and add to each bowl.
- Step 9 Meanwhile, gently break the eggs into the saucepan, covering with a lid, on medium low heat, let cook for about 2 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them. The goal is for the yolk to be runny.
- Step 10 Serve while it is still hot.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?