When I’m cooking for the family or for friends, I like being creative. I worry about how the plate is going to look like and which side dish can go well with what. I had made some Roasted Chicken in the oven, so to go with it, I make Chorizo & Melted Cheese Hasselback Potatoes, and it was delicious! It’s a side dish to repeat.
A few days ago, I when shopping looking for ceramic measuring cups to incorporate them in my photos and I came across a Hasselback potato slicer. I was so excited that I had to buy it. I have tried it out and it’s very helpful and easy to use. I would recommend having this slicer. But until then it’s not a big deal, I’ve been serving Hasselback potatoes as a side dish for a while without the fancy slicer.
Before, I would get a pair of chopsticks and 2 rubber bands. I place the potato in between the chopsticks and place each rubber band on each side. When slice into the potato, until I reached the chopsticks.
The reason why I enjoy presenting my Roasted Hasselback Potatoes as a side dish is because there is so much flavor that goes into these potatoes. It’s so good, crispy on the outside and tender in the inside. It doesn’t take much to prepare them, just combine olive oil with some salt and ground pepper, dry thyme and basil, a teaspoon of soy sauce and then just brush the potatoes making sure that the olive oil gets into the slices. Yum!
I would totally recommend a HasselBack Potato Slicing Rack or a Hasselback Potato Cutting Board to successfully make this recipe, it’s very useful to have in the kitchen!
Chorizo and melted cheese Hasselback Potatoes
An amazing side dish loaded with chorizo, ham, onion, cheese and fresh cherry tomatoes.
- 2 large Potatoes, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- dry basil, thyme, garlic, a pinch of each
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- chorizo, finely chopped
- ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- Parmesan, grated
- a few cherry tomatoes
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the hasselback potatoes into an oven dish.
- Step 2 In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients with the olive oil and soy sauce.
- Step 3 Brush the olive oil with seasoning over the potatoes, toss them around and before placing them into the oven, potatoes should be sliced side up.
- Step 4 Let them bake for an hour. 25 minutes before the hour, take them out and in between the slices add the chorizo, ham, onion, and cheese. Sprinkle some Parmesan and toss in some cherry tomatoes.
- Step 5 Place them back into the oven and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Step 6 Let cool for 5 minutes in the dish. Serve them hot.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying one of the products, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.