There are times that I have no time to prepare a meal or there are no leftovers from the day before. So much to do… Time just seems to fly! So normally when this happens I try to make something simple but tasty. Nothing can go wrong with Bruschetta toasts. They are made with homemade tomato sauce and fresh herbs. I can make this Bruschetta come together in 20 minutes. While they are baking in the oven you can prepare a delicious mouthwatering tomato and cucumber salad. You will be amazed in how well they both combine together.
Chorizo mushroom Bruschetta
- Portuguese bread, sliced in half
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Smoked Portuguese chorizo, thinly sliced
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- a few walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- a few thyme stems
- Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Place the bread slices onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Step 3 Spread the tomato sauce onto each slice.
- Step 4 In a medium saucepan drizzle some oil olive and sauté for about 5 minutes the chorizo and the mushrooms. While it’s sautéing add in the walnut, garlic, thyme stems, salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
- Step 5 Top each slice of bread with the chorizo mixture and then add a slice of mozzarella cheese and garnish with fresh basil. Top it with a bit more of tomato sauce.
- Step 6 Place them into the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Step 7 Take the bruschetta toasts out of the oven. Drizzle some oil olive over them and serve immediately.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!
Tag me @greenhousepantry on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!