Cinnamon Lemon Zest Loaf, it sounds as good as it tastes! We love the cinnamon and we love the taste of lemon. Combined together is an amazing combination.
Whatever time of year it is, we love cooking and baking. But this is the perfect time to really get into it. Being outside, isn’t that hot anymore. So having the oven on, just makes the house more comfy and cozy. So we take advantage of this and we start baking right after dinner. I guess this is what we love to do.
I try to create recipes that I know Rodrigo will enjoy! He is so picky with his food. I guess, it comes with the age and I’m truly hoping he will change. Not being said, I do encourage him to try everything we make. That is why I think it’s so important for him to be part of this project. We are so lucky that he too enjoys baking and cooking like we do.
Last night we got together and we made this recipe. I did use the stand mix to easily combine the butter with the brown sugar. When adding the flour to the butter mixture, if you use the stand mixture, use it only for a few minutes. If you beat it for too long, the loaf will end up rubbery, no texture and with have no flavor.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Cinnamon Lemon Zest Loaf | 1 Loaf
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425F and line parchment paper in a loaf pan.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Step 3 In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Stop occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Step 4 In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon zest, fresh lemon squeeze and vanilla extract. Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture. Beat well until all combined.
- Step 5 Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, sieve the flour mixture into the butter mixture and fold all the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Step 6 Beat the batter at medium speed for 3 minutes. Don’t worry if it’s lumpy, that will disappear in the baking process.
- Step 7 Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Step 8 Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F, and continue baking another 45 – 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 9 Remove it from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!