Today we are having our Classic Family Favorite Fish Stew. I enjoy preparing this dish because it’s quick and easy and it’s a dish that my family loves to eat! The aroma and smell of this dish is delicious. So you know that the seasoning is just right.
I add a couple of drops of Piri-piri to give a little punch to the dish and it heats us up while we eat it. It’s the perfect stew for a cool day. Before cooking, I start by peeling and cutting up all the onions, butternut squash, zucchini, sweet bell pepper and potatoes. Cooking this dish takes about 15 minutes, that is why I recommend to prepare the vegetables first, so you don’t over cook them. If you enjoy comfy food, you will enjoy our Classic Family Favorite Fish Stew. We also have our Warm Comfy Homemade Veggie Soup, it is also full of goodness.
Classic Family Favorite Fish Stew
This recipe is a Classic Favorite. The fish fillet is tender combined with several vegetables . With a couple of drops of Piri-piri, it's the prefect comfort food.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups of boiling water
- 600 grams potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 100 grams butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 sweet yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and cubed
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp dry parsley, basil, thyme
- 4 drops piri-piri
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp squeezed lemon
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 300 grams snow peas
- 680 grams frozen Pollock Fillets, cut in halves
- Step 1 While preparing the vegetables, boiling 8 cups of water in a kettle.
- Step 2 When prepping is completed, In a large heavy bottom pot, on medium heat, add the olive oil, chopped onions and crushed garlic. Stir until caramelized for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3 Add 5 cups of boiling water and add in the potatoes, butternut squash, bell pepper and zucchini.
- Step 4 Add in the salt and ground pepper, to taste and sprinkle in the dry herbs. Add in 4 drops of Piri-piri and another 3 cups of boiling water and stir.
- Step 5 Pour in the white wine, lemon juice and stir.
- Step 6 Rinse the frozen corn, wash the snow peas and then add them to the stew.
- Step 7 Rinse and cut the fillets in halves and place them in the pot.
- Step 8 Place a lid over the pot and let cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or until fillets are tender. Serve hot!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?