Creamy Pureed Spinach Butternut Squash Soup, hits the spot for any tummy is this cold weather. Hello all you foodies and Happy 2019!
We are back to our usual routines. The holidays were overwhelming this year. It was our daughter’s first Christmas and her first Birthday. Having family over twice and making food for all is always exciting but after all that excitement we needed a break for ourselves.
We are a soup lover and we enjoy having it as a starter. It is a Portuguese costume to have soup, a main dish, fruit and an espresso after dinner. It does seem a bit too much for “dinner”, but the portion are small and we do have two growing children to feed. So I guess it has become a habit in our house hold.
I will say no more, enjoy this soup that we share with you, your family will love it and will ask for more.
Making Beef Broth from scratch
we are a fan of making our broth from scratch. The way we make it is very simple. In this case, when making a beef stew add a little more water and white wine to it while it’s cooking. Enjoy the meal but remember to not toss away the broth that is left in the pot. All the rich flavours and goodness are in that broth. Save it in a container and place it in the fridge for when you want to make a soup.
What to serve with this Creamy Pureed Spinach Butternut Squash Soup
I am all in by serving this soup as a starter. Complete your meal with something delicious and light. Serving a small portion of the main dish allows you to have lunch for the next day. This is what I do at home.
- Best Spaghetti and Lean Ground Beef
- Liver Bacon Potato Saute with Herb Butter
- Spring Onion Cheesy stuffed Chicken
- Low Fat Creamy Chicken Casserole
- Au Gratin Potatoes Fresh Spring Beans and Shredded Chicken
- Best Braised Chicken in Apple Puree
Creamy Pureed Spinach Butternut Squash Soup
Delicious homemade broth makes a big difference when making this Spinach Butternut squash puree. Perfect as a starter for any meal of the week!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups homemade beef broth
- 6 cups water
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, peeled and chopped
- 300 grams butternut squash, peeled, unseeded and chopped
- 150 grams spinach, chopped
- salt, to taste.
- Step 1 In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, potatoes, carrots and butternut squash and cook until onions are soft and translucent, for about 8 minutes.
- Step 2 Pour in the broth, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Step 3 Add in the spinach and adjust the salt and reduce the heat to medium. Allow it to simmer until potatoes and squash are tender, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Step 4 Using a hand blender, on low speed, puree vegetables until smooth.
- Step 5 Serve hot.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?