Happy Friday! Today after work and school treat yourself and family with a delicious creative pizza made from scratch! Make it official, make every Friday a Pizza Night. Not any ordinary pizza, try this Easy to make Cheese Crust Pizza.
I understand, the idea of making dough might seem scary but it’s truly simple and I’m going to explain how to make it as if it was my first time. After getting all the ingredients together you knead the dough and make a perfect ball as in the photo below. If you are in a hurry and need to get those pizza ready then let the dough sit for 15 minutes; I let the dough sit for about 30 minutes or more, the results seem to be better. When I started making pizza dough I wouldn’t let the dough rest for too long and I felt that the dough was missing it’s substance. So, with practice I figured out that the longer the dough rests, better the results and the flavor. If you prefer a fluffier crust, then let sit for about an hour. There should be any hurry when making dough. You want it to taste good, right? Another tip I can share with you is, coat the ball of dough with olive oil before letting it rest, because it will absorb the flavor and you will taste it in the dough.
What topping to add on a Pizza?
The topping that I used for this pizza was spring onions, bacon strips, fresh sausage, homemade tomato sauce, pepperoni, dry basil, oregano and three type of cheese; Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan. Now, I did saute the onions, bacon and sausage with olive oil before placing it on the pizza. It’s so GOOD!
How to fill the crust with cheese?
First roll the dough wider than the baking stone and brush the edge of the dough with olive oil. Place the grated mozzarella and crumbled ricotta cheese over the area where you just brushed. After the cheese is evenly distributed, fold the dough over the cheese and pinch using your thumb to seal it. Place it in the oven for about 4 minutes, bake until cheese is melted. Be careful when putting the topping, the crust it hot.
I hope you enjoy your pizza and I hope that Pizza Night can become a habit in your home. Making homemade pizza with the family is creating good memories.
I would totally recommend a baking stone to successfully make this recipe, it’s an amazing tool to have in the kitchen!
Cheese Crust Pizza
Perfect and delicious cheese crust pizza made from scratch. You make your own dough in less than 30 minutes, and choose the cheese you want in your crush.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Ricotta, crumbled
- mozzarella, grated
- Step 1 In a large bowl, pour warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water, stir and let stand until the yeast has dissolved for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Add into the bowl, the flour and salt. Stir with a spatula until the dough starts to come together.
- Step 3 Transfer the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and with your clean, flour-dusted hands, knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes until it forms a smooth, tacky springy dough. If the dough sticks to your hands, sprinkle a small amount of flour at a time until it’s easier to work with, avoid adding too much.
- Step 4 Drizzle olive oil over the ball to coat and let sit for about 15 to 30 minutes, covering it with a clean kitchen towel while preparing the pizza topping.
- Step 5 When the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 500F. Place the baking stone or baking sheet inside.
- Step 6 Meanwhile, place the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and divide the dough in half. Work with one dough at a time and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands. Use the heel of your hand or the tips of your fingers, gently press the middle of the dough outwards and stretch the dough. For an extra-thin crust, roll it with a rolling pin. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for 5 minutes and then try rolling again.
- Step 7 Roll it out enough so that the dough can fold over to make a double crust.
- Step 8 Transfer the round of dough onto a flour-dusted backside of a sheet pan or directly over the hot baking stone.
- Step 9 Brush the edge of the dough with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and place grated cheese and ricotta crumble around the edge.
- Step 10 Fold dough over the cheese and pinch to seal. Slide the pizza into the oven onto the hot baking stone or baking sheet. Bake for 4 minutes.
- Step 11 Remove from the oven and top it up with homemade tomato sauce, topping and cheese.
- Step 12 Place it back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, the crust is golden brown for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 13 Remove the pizza from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, repeat these steps with the other half. Enjoy!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying this product, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.