In our home a weekend Breakfast is always an opportunity to gather around in the kitchen. So this is our easy to make Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes. It is a family favorite recipe.
Every Sunday we get together to make a breakfast special. Sometimes we make fluffy pancakes, warm Raisin Cinnamon Sugar Waffles, French Toast coated in honey or Sweet Bread Pudding. My son never gets bored making them and stays in the kitchen until they are done. These fluffy blueberry pancakes are always a fun treat, cooked like a regular pancake but in this recipe, the batter involves a meringue.
We add some fresh seasonal berries and top it with sliced bananas. We always make from scratch and drink a super amazing smoothie, that goes so well with morning pancakes. After eating this breakfast, we are the must amazing parents ever.
We call these family recipe, Pancakes a “La Mauro”, you can serve them with maple syrup, warm honey or as we enjoy eating them, plain cinnamon and sugar.
Just a reminder, use a flour sifter or a fine strainer to sift the flour into the batter, otherwise it will make it too heavy. As for the meringue, use room temperature egg whites, it will make them more stable. In this case, separate the yolk from the egg whites while they are still chilled and then let the egg whites sit for about 15 minutes before whisking them.
I would totally recommend a non-stick skillet to successfully make this recipe, it’s wonderful to bake in!
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
These fluffy blueberry pancakes are always a fun treat, cooked like a regular pancake but with a secret ingredient to lighten them up. In this recipe we add meringue to the batter.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, add another 1/2 cup if it's to liquid
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter or veggie oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Step 1 In a stand mixer bowl, whisk in all the ingredients, except for the egg whites, whisk until smooth on medium low speed. Before removing the bowl from the stand mixer, whisk the batter on medium high speed for about 30 seconds.
- Step 2 Transfer the batter to a large bowl and set aside.
- Step 3 In a clean and non greasy stand mixer bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy and smooth on medium low speed.
- Step 4 Add the meringue into to the pancake batter and fold gently with a spatula.
- Step 5 Fold the fresh blueberries gently into the the pancake batter.
- Step 6 Preheat a skillet over the stove on medium heat.
- Step 7 Transfer the mix into a pouring jug with a lip, this makes it easier to pour into the skillet.
- Step 8 Pour in a nice amount onto the saucepan and let bake until it’s golden brown and then flip it onto the other side. Be sure to scoop out some blueberries that may be found at the bottom of the batter.
- Step 9 When both sides are golden brown, they are ready to be served.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying a non-stick skillet, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.