You don’t need to be a super chef to make mayonnaise, but there is a technique! I use the hand blender and the tall cup that comes with it to make an amazing creamy mayonnaise.
I put all the ingredients into the cup except for the oil. I pour in the oil slowly while the blender is running and I move it upwards while the mayonnaise starts to become fluffy and creamy. It makes about 1 cup.
Cover and put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. You can always keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Canola oil
- Step 1 If the egg was chilled, place it in a bowl and add hot tap water to cover it. Let it sit for 5 minutes. This will take the chill off it.
- Step 2 In a tall cup in which the hand blender can reach the bottom, crack the egg, add the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Pour the oil in a glass measuring cup and while the blender is running, add the oil in a slow, steady steam and continue the process until the mayonnaise thickens.
- Step 4 The texture will become noticeably creamier. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!