Pork Cutlets with Poached egg is a very known dish is Portugal. The meat and the onions are Fried in butter, as well for a sunny side-up egg. Very delicious combination. We serve this dish as is, expect, we aren’t fry friendly. As said, we braise the meat and the onion in a homemade sauce and then we poach an egg to go with it. After the meat is fork tender we blend the onions and the sauce in a blender. Now you have a rich smooth sauce full of flavour which you spread over the cutlet and dip your potatoes in.
What side dish to serve with Pork Cutlets and poached egg?
If we were having this dish in a typical Portuguese restaurant, the Cutlets would be served with a dish of fried potatoes and sunny side-up egg. We substituted the egg for a runny poached egg and instead of fried potatoes, we use our Air Fryer. The results are amazing and the potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender in the inside. We leave them in the Air Fryer for about 12 minutes on 350F. Simply toss them around once or twice and that is it!
How to Poach an egg?
- step 1: Bring your water to a simmer
- Step 2: Crack your egg in to a bowl
- Step 3: Use the bowl to help you drop the egg into the pot
- Step 4: Let the egg cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Step 5: Remove with a slotted spoon and drain as much water as possible
- Step 6: Season with salt and pepper, to taste
Pork Cutlets with Poached Egg
Reinventing one of Portuguese Traditional dish. Febras com Ovo no Prato, to a delicious braised cutlet served with a runny poached egg and Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes.
- 6 pork cutlets
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- 6 eggs, runny poached
- Step 1 In a bowl, add in the cutlets, onions and stir together all the ingredients and let sit for about 20 minutes, to allow the meat to grab all the flavour.
- Step 2 Remove the cutlets from the bowl and pour the onions and the seasoned sauce into a wide saucepan, place it on the stove, on medium heat, and allow the onions to cook until soft and translucent for about 8 minutes.
- Step 3 Place the cutlets over the onions and add salt to taste. Cover with a lid and let the meat cook on both sides for a few minutes until the meat is fork tender.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, in a simmering pot of salted water, add an egg at a time and let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Step 5 Toss the onions and sauce into the blender until smooth.
- Step 6 Pour the sauce and lay the runny poached eggs over the cutlets. Garnish with a pinch of thyme.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!