This mouthwatering Roasted Cauliflower with Fresh Italian Sausage is an amazing recipe. If you are not a cauliflower lover, then give this recipe a try. Roasting Cauliflower with bacon, cheese and fresh sausage is something else worth trying.
Sometimes when we go to the farms market my son Rodrigo gets overwhelmed with how awesome cauliflower looks likes. But he is not very happy about the taste. So that is why this time we Roasted them with bacon stripes, cheese and fresh sausage. When ever we’ve roasted Cauliflower, I add it into his macaroni and cheese or into his pasta bowl. Yep! It’s as amazing as it sounds.
Slow cooking cauliflower with bacon, cheese and fresh sausage may take longer in the oven but the results are amazing. So much flavor goes into them and they are so tender. We can always boil the cauliflower first before putting them in the oven, but all the nutrients would disappear in the water. So we recommend a slow cook.
Roasted Cauliflower with Fresh Italian sausage
You would never thing how wonderful cauliflower would taste after this recipe. The combination of the bacon, italian sausage, cheese and fresh herbs is mouthwatering.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup bacon strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 fresh sausages
- 2 fresh parsley stems, chopped
- 3 fresh thyme stems
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheese
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Step 2 Trim the base of the cauliflower and remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
- Step 3 Break the cauliflower into florets and slice the stem of each floret lengthwise.
- Step 4 Using a scissor cut the fresh sausages into 7 parts.
- Step 5 In a large bowl, toss in the florets and add the onions, the bacon strips, the garlic, any green leaves, fresh sausage, fresh parsley, thyme stems, dry basil, bay leaf, fresh squeezed lemon, white wine, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Toss all the ingredients around in the bowl until florets are coated.
- Step 7 Transfer those ingredients to a large ceramic bake dish, cover it with aluminum foil and place it in the oven.
- Step 8 Roast until the florets are golden brown and tender, for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Step 9 Before serving, uncover the dish, sprinkle the coarsely grated cheese over the roasted florets, leave it in the oven on broil for 2 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?