Yum! You need something new, fresh and unique. You want your husband and your children to say wow mum, that’s really goooood! Can I have some more veggies?
Sour Cream Herb Sauce was a BOOM!
The way I decided to serve this sauce was sautéing the fresh boiled Spring Beans and the leftover beef that I had the day before. I poured the sauce over the veggies and meat and then stirred for about 2 minutes until the beans and the beef were coated.
It’s a simple sauce that takes about 10 minutes to prepare. To this sauce I add homemade Mayonnaise and because I didn’t have buttermilk I make sour milk. Combine 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice with enough milk to make ¼ cup total liquid, let sit for 5 minutes before using. The goal is to make the milk curdle.
Sour Cream Herb Sauce
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 150 g sour cream
- 2 ½ tbsp homemade mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Step 1 In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Step 2 In a food processor, put the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, chives, parsley and blitz until very finely chopped. Make sure there are no large pieces of garlic.
- Step 3 Fold the herb oil into the sour cream mixture and add the paprika and mustard, mixing well so that it is all combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Step 4 Pour the sauce over veggies or meat while sautéing, toss with a spoon to coat, and/or top it over your food before eating.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!