This easy Sweet Bread Pudding recipe is so rewarding. It is yummy and full of flavor. It has become our family favorite bread pudding. I am so sure that if you enjoy bread pudding then you will crave and want to make our Croissant Pudding. Croissants have that buttery flavor, it is truly a bonus added to the bread pudding.
I am sure there are many ways to make Sweet Bread Pudding. I do have my own way, and I don’t like to rush when I’m cooking. The first thing I do is pour melted butter over the bread and just let it soak for a few minutes while I’m whisking up the other ingredients together. Then I let the bread soak for another 20 minutes in the egg mixture before even thinking about pouring it into the ceramic pie dish. I believe that these two steps are very important to bake an amazing bread pudding.
If you enjoyed this delicious recipe then I would recommend making a delicious Apple Crisp All Butter Pie Crust. It is the season to enjoy the coziness of our home. So having the warmth of our oven on is a bonus.
I would totally recommend a ceramic pie dish to successfully make this Sweet Bread Pudding recipe, it’s wonderful to bake in!
Sweet Bread Pudding
Family favorite best sweet bread pudding. The taste is perfect with the raisins and fresh blueberries.
- 900 grams Sweet Bread, cubed
- 5 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, cut in 4
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Step 2 Cut the bread into cubes and transfer them into a large bowl. Stir in the raisins, blueberries and walnuts. Melt the butter over the stove. Be sure not to let it burn and then pour it over the bread mixture. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl, whisk in the eggs, milk, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture and fold all the ingredients together until moisten. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Transfer the bread mixture into a ceramic pie dish and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve it warm or room temperature.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying a ceramic pie dish, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.