For an amazing homemade crispy pizza, this is our easy Thin Crust Pizza dough recipe.
This recipe is great for a large or 2 small 10 inch size pizza.
With a few attempts in making delicious homemade dough, there are a few tricks you should know. First of all, it is very important to prepare the dough first before the topping. The dough should rest for at least 10 minutes. We also figured out that if you put less topping on your pizza, the dough won’t get soggy and you don’t need to keep it in the oven for too long. So try to be creative with only a few toppings at a time.
I’m normally thinking ahead of time on what I’m going to make for dinner. So if that’s your case and you plan to make pizza dough ahead of time, wrap it in plastic wrap and sit it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Letting it chill in the fridge, allows the dough to develop flavour and gives the crust a better texture. When you are ready to use the dough, take it out of the fridge while the oven heats and you prepare the topping.
It could happen that you decide not to make pizza! Don’t worry about the dough, just leave it in the fridge so you can make it for the next few days. When you take it out, let it sit on the counter for 2 hours so it can come completely to room temperature.
Thin Crush Pizza Dough
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 500F with the baking stone or baking sheet inside.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, pour warm water.
- Step 3 Sprinkle the yeast over the water, stir and let stand until the yeast has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Add the flour and salt. Stir with a spatula until the dough starts to come together.
- Step 5 Transfer the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and with your clean, flour-dusted hands, knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes until it forms a smooth, tacky springy dough. If the dough sticks to your hands, sprinkle a small amount of flour at a time until it’s easier to work with, avoid adding too much.
- Step 6 Let sit the ball of dough for about 10 minutes, covering it with a clean kitchen towel while preparing the pizza topping.
- Step 7 When ready, place the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and divide the dough in half.
- Step 8 Work with one dough at a time and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands.
- Step 9 Use the heel of your hand or the tips of your fingers, gently press the middle of the dough outwards and stretch the dough. For an extra-thin crust, finish by rolling it with a rolling pin. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for 5 minutes and then try rolling again.
- Step 10 Transfer the round of dough onto a flour-dusted piece of parchment paper, or the back of a sheet pan. Brush the dough with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and top it up with sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Step 11 Slide the pizza into the oven onto the baking stone or baking sheet. Bake until the cheese is melted, the crust is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 12 Remove the pizza from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Step 13 Meanwhile, repeat these steps with the other half. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #familyfood4all . I would love to see your tasty creations!
1 thought on “Thin Crust Pizza dough”
Great recipe thanks I really enjoy your content.