Whenever we have a gathering of family and friends we always get together a pot of soup. It is the time of year which a bowl of soup, simple tastes and feels really yummy. It was a last moment thing, everything happen so fast that I had no time to go to the market to buy some vegetables. So I got whatever vegetables, I had in my fridge and made a delicious pot of vegetables, leek, butter beans and chorizo soup. It was a hit at dinner time.
Vegetables, Leek, Butter Beans and Chorizo Soup
March 12, 2019
: 10 min
: 40 min
Rich and brothy, this chorizo and leek soup loaded with fresh vegetables will warm you up!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, only the greens washed and chopped
Portuguese chorizo, chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, chopped
- 200 grams pumpkin, peeled, and chopped
- 200 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 200 grams potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp white wine
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 ml butter bean, drained and rinsed
- 350 grams spring beans, trimmed
- 2 leeks, only the whites washes and finely sliced.
- Step 1 Prepare all the ingredients first.
- Step 2 Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leek (only the greens), chorizo, carrots, pumpkin and potatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly golden. Chorizo will start to release some fat, in which the vegetables will cook in.
- Step 3 Pour in the water and white wine. Toss in a bay leaf and season with salt, to taste. Turn the heat to medium high and allow it to cook until potatoes are tender. Cover with a lid to bring to a boil.
- Step 4 Add the butter beans and spring beans and allow them to cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Step 5 Before blending the vegetables with a hand blender remove the bay leaf. On low speed, puree the vegetables and the chorizo until smooth.
- Step 6 Add the leek and allow them to cook for a couple of minutes on low heat. Serve hot and enjoy!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!Follow
6 thoughts on “Vegetables, Leek, Butter Beans and Chorizo Soup”
This sounds so hearty and comforting, the perfect soup for this still chilly weather.
Soup is great for anytime of year! In my home it completes a meal because of all the vegetables that I put in them. 🙂
My husband is the soup maker at home. He likes to make soups with whatever veggies he finds in the crisper drawer, like you. He calls them clean-the-fridge soups. But they are so yummy! Your soup too sounds really tasty!
Thank you! They are so yummy and a great way to clean out those drawers! I would suggest to add chopped chicken breast to the vegetable soup. With the meat, it goes to the next level. 🙂
Yum, your soup looks so hearty and flavourful with the beans and sausage, plus all the veggies!
Hello Colleen, Smoked Chorizo brings a lot of flavour to the soup, they are the ones that are hanging on a pole in the butcher shop behind the counter. Delicious 🙂